I have people walk into my office in Grass Valley regularly searching for chiropractors in grass valley. Of course, their search includes looking for the best chiropractor Grass Valley.
When I sit down with them one of the first questions I’ll ask is how they found me. Since the majority of people coming to me are referred from others I want to make sure and acknowledge the person who referred them.
When the answer to my question is that the google search recommended me I want to make sure that we are a fit since google really doesn’t know me.
Find the Right Match for You!
I’d rather not take on a client if it is clear that their goals and my care are not a match. But, far too few people think that way. I did take a call just this afternoon from a woman looking for a chiropractor. She’s been seeing chiropractors for years but after her last doc left the state she’s had poor luck with the last 4 chiropractors in Grass Valley, CA.
So we talked and I answered her questions. Having experienced care that didn’t work she was clearer than most people are on what she did want. A few of the things important to her are:
- A doctor who will listen to her and not pat her on the head
- A doctor with a gentle comprehensive full body approach
- A chiropractor who adjusts ankles, feet, elbows, and wrists
What is Important to You?
Whether you are looking for the top low back chiropractor, how to build resilience and heal chronic fatigue, the best chiropractor for headaches and migraines, or something else…
Get clear on what you want and what is important to you?
Have you been to a chiropractor before?
Did you enjoy getting adjusted? I have clients who come in regularly because they love getting adjusted and they know it helps them to feel their best and perform their best.
Make a list of what you are looking for. Use your past experiences and if you don’t have any ask friends about their positive and negative chiropractic experiences.
Make a list…
- Questions for the chiropractor
- Components of care you don’t want and what you do want
- Is there anything that is a deal breaker? You might as well find out before wasting your time.
How to Use Google
Let’s face it, everyone puts their best information out on the internet. But, there are google reviews. Even if you eliminate 20% of Google Reviews because they might be family or friends that should still leave you with plenty to check out.
- How many Google Reviews do they have for Chiropractor Grass Valley and Chiropractor Nevada City?
- Are all the reviews short one or two sentences or have some people taken the time to really write a review?
- Read some of the more detailed reviews. You might find one from someone that seems similar to you.
As a Chiropractor Here Are a Few Things I Think Are Important
These are things I find critical as I look for my own chiropractor. I just switched chiropractors in the last few months and this was my thought process.
- How do they find out what to adjust? – I want someone who does a detailed evaluation each visit. Some areas need to be adjusted regularly but the goal is to adjust as little as possible.
- How do they know the adjustment worked? – It shouldn’t be dependent on how you feel right away. Yes, that’s important but I can adjust the wrong area and help you feel better for a short time.
- How long have they been practicing? – There are always exceptions to this rule but personally I want someone with enough experience to have seen hundreds if not thousands of people to be able to figure things out.
Trust Your Gut!
What’s the feeling you have speaking with the chiropractor? Was he or she happy to answer your questions and did the answers satisfy you? If you are examined, did it feel as though they knew what they were doing?
Do you trust this person based on your interaction, recommendations, and reviews?
Did they fully explain the recommended treatment plan?
Best of luck! Chiropractic is amazing. Most people don’t give it enough of a chance to fully benefit from it.
About the author:
Bringing more than 3 decades of practice experience, Dr. Bill Berkowitz focuses on balancing and corrective care, applying his expertise to provide patients with predictable, repeatable and measurable results.
Dr. Bill consistently strives to enhance the well-being of his patients by addressing the root imbalances of their problems and promoting optimal balance, alignment, and function of the spine and nervous system.
Bill’s wealth of knowledge and experience has allowed him to develop a nuanced understanding of the human body and its intricate connections. With each adjustment, he supports the body in returning to a state of balance that goes beyond mere symptom relief, focusing instead on long-term correction for his patients’ well-being.
Make sure to subscribe to Dr Berkowitz’s social media pages where he regularly posts tips, insights and valuable information.
Schedule your first visit here: Life Chiropractic